Saturday, June 12, 2010

Sonic Minimi

Busy busy three weeks! I shouldn't be taking this time to post right now because I'm blowing people off this weekend because of my test Monday (SORRY SORRY!), but I just have to take a 10 minute break from histology or I'll go insane!

Anyway, I just wanted to share a few pictures of one of my new neighbors. She wanted to borrow a cup of sugar, but I said no.


She was a bit pissed off and flew off in a huff. Especially when I started snapping pictures of her. 

"What are YOU looking at?"

She hasn't been back since :-( 

And that's my ten minutes. 

Before I sign off, I'll leave you with two nifty factoids I've learned. 
1. There's totally a muscle in the forearm called Extensor Digiti Minimi (pronounced Mini Me). It extends the pinky. Isn't that adorable? 
2. There is a protein named "Sonic Hedgehog Homolog" which is involved in the formation of the neural tube. If I discover something, I'm totally going to name it something ridiculous . . .  like Princess Tinkerbelle Fairy Factor or Peach Pear Plum Protein. Have any other ridiculous name suggestions?

Feel free to use either of those facts in daily conversation. It'll make you super popular . . . 

2 comments:

  1. I like the Peach Plum Pear Protein! DO EEEEET!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to see pictures of the rest of your apartment/the real apartment when I'm back east! I can't wait to see you guys!

    ReplyDelete